Thursday, 6 September 2012

I found my Creature Feature sheet!

A quick PSA. I intended to put up the first Dark Vengeance Missions 1&2 video today, but it's not working for me right now. Damn rural internet. But never mind that, look what I found:

Gaah, what happened? It was the right way up when I put it in...
 

I've been looking for this, and now I'll tell you why...

This sheet dates from...err, Fourth Edition, I think. The copyright notice says 2004, anyway. Point is, this thing is sorely in need of an update with all the fancy new stuff that 40k can do now, like Flying Monsters and suchlike. And I have wanted to update it for a very long time.

So, here's my plan. In addition to all the other stuff going on, I'm going to create a new Creature and Plant creator, allowing you to create your own vile xeno menace, or replicate a classic 40k xeno like Enslavers, Barghesi, etc. These can then be used as you see fit. I may even be able to shove Daemons into the mix.

Oh, and since this is Sixth, have a basic Allies Matrix. Taking certain traits will let you modify this, for example an ability called 'Arena Beast' could make Dark Eldar a Battle Brothers ally.

Basic Allies Matrix for Race: Creatures and Plants

Battle Brothers
Tyranids

Allies of Convenience
Orks

Desperate Allies
Black Templars
Blood Angels
Chaos Daemons
Chaos Space Marines
Dark Angels
Dark Eldar
Eldar
Grey Knights
Imperial Guard
Sisters of Battle
Space Marines
Space Wolves
Tau Empire

Cannot Ally
Necrons

You'd expect most races to be checking to see if the local wildlife is lethal. Tyranids gets a free pass as they'd evolve around such things, Orks see them as pets and Necrons just don't get along with the living.
 
This is an irregular series, meaning I could forget about it in a few months. But for now I'll persevere. Next time I'll talk about the basic template, or as the paper says, Step 1: Pick Size.

No comments: