Tuesday, 5 June 2012

Bryss' Musings #2


Here we go again... Round 2, fight!

#1: The Return of The Other Rival: My other great gaming rival, the one that isn't 'Scape, is coming back to the Land of Haggis, Neeps and Tartan in a few weeks. For a long period of time. Looks like I need to sharpen up my Kabal, as if his lists are at the same level I expect them to be I'm in for a heck of a fight. This also means an excuse to wear my new coat in public, which is awesome, so good news all round.

#2: Scape and Scythes: Cyberscape7 is buying two Scythes, with the intent of making them interchangable. This annoys me no end, as I don't have the funds to do such, and also means his Necrons will ascend casuality and become a full-on lethal army. Lethal by my standards, not the stupidly high ones of T'Leeks and his vile ilk. I love the word 'ilk,' it sounds like a beast from a fantasy novel that deserves to be hunted and slaughtered. This means that, like the Other Rival's GK, I can't challenge his Necrons with every army I own. 'Tis a shame, as it means the only three armies I can challenge them with are the Angels of Secrecy, my DE Kabal, and my Necrons. And just at a point where I really wanted to return to Orks...

#3: ATB and KTF: The first audio Top Bryss was a resounding success in my book, so more is coming. Kill Team Four Necrons is going really well, and I've got some nice little ideas in the pipeline. Astartes Golems will be harder, I reckon. There's no way I can accomodate Scouts for one thing...

#4: Royalty: I'm writing this on Monday as I will be recording LPs and gaming with 'Scape tomorrow, so I'm wishing all my British viewers a happy Diamond Jubilee. Well, I would, but then I DID lambast the American tradition of Memorial Day and so it wouldn't seem fair if I let the monarchy go unchecked. Expect that if anyone DID make this argument against me it would fit squarely under ad hominem tu quoque and therefore is a logical fallacy. So I can after all. And I'm going to, because praising the British royal family, who are at least entertaining to watch, is better in my book than praising the military, which is a last resort when diplomacy fails. Well, it should be, anyway.

Gooooooooood saaaaaaave ooooooour graaaaaacious queeeen....

No comments: