Friday, 25 May 2012

Massive Hobby Update Week #3: The Magnet Ark

Five months ago, it was primed. But now, paint has been applied. I feel a great sense of accomplishment. Honestly, I haven't felt this satisfied completing a project since the Daemon Prince a few years ago.

Anyway, at the start of this week I planned to do this post:

To conclude Hobby Update Week, I finished the section of the Magnet Ark with the most sub-assemblies and stuck it all together. Here it is.



This is pretty much my new TT standard, and I'm satisfied with the result. Well, I say that, but, err.... there IS one small problem.

Now that I've stuck on all the armour, the back section is too heavy, and THIS happens when I join it to the main body to make a Ghost Ark.



That is some serious lean right there. This doesn't happen when it's a Doomsday Ark though...

I think I know how to fix it, but we'll have to wait and see. After some weekend Lets Play action of course.

Now then, I said that WAS going to be the Friday post. It still is, of course. But now, I can add some happy news. I've finished it! And I've fixed the problem, too. Hold on, let me switch off the lime green...

There we are. Now, here's the fixed, completed Ark.




Mmm-hmm, I've gone for the double-base strategy. I drilled a hole in the bottom spine of the... cockpit, I guess... to insert a second flying stand. It is literally the only place to put it considering the lack of flat surfaces on the crescent.


 Anyway, as a Doomsday Ark a mono-base strategy still works.



It's a bit leany, but it's my Magnet Ark. Finished. At last! I'm so happy...

No comments: