Brysstory: Cadian Bikers
You never forget your first. That's a general rule for many things. It also goes for rules writing. This is the first ever entry I drafted up all the way back in October 2009 for a basic Cadian Biker unit. I'm finally writing the first Brysstory article, a series which will bring all the stuff I did hobbywise before I had this blog into the blog where it's more accessible. Anyway, here's the entry:
Cadian Bikers: 80 points
WS BS S T W I A Ld Sv
3 3 3 3(4) 1 3 1 7 4+ (The Sergeant had identical stats but +1A and Ld)
Unit: 4 Cadian Bikers and 1 Biker Sergeant
Equipment: Cadian Bike w/twin-linked lasgun, laspistol, frag grenades.
Unit Type: Bikes
- Add up to 5 additional Bikers for 15 points each
- For every 5 Guardsmen one may replace his laspistol with:
- a grenade launcher or flamer for 5pts
- meltagun for 10pts
- a plasma gun for 15pts.
- The Sergeant may exchange his laspistol for:
- a power weapon or plasma pistol for 10pts,
- a powerfist for 15 pts
- The Sergeant may take melta bombs for 5pts
- The entire squad may become Veterans for 3pts a bike and benefit from +1 BS. They have the same options, and may take the Scouts special rule at the cost of +20 points for the unit or the Skilled Rider special rule for +15 points for the whole unit.
- Command Squads may take Bikes at a cost of +10 points per model for the whole squad. If the squad takes Bikes their Toughness changes to 3(4) and Cadian Bikers may be taken as a Troops choice if the squad is at full size. They may buy the Skilled Rider ability for +15 points for the squad.
Basic, with some added shenanigans for Veterans and Command Squads. We'll visit this unit again when I will upgrade them to what I now think the unit should be, in a more acceptable format. But before that, I have something special lined up for the weekend.
Something a little different to the norm, but more substantial than Weekend Silliness. See you then.