in Bryssem 2: Mission Statement



I want to keep this 'prologue' short so I can actually get to writing about 40k. This is how the site will operate, what will and will not appear, and my goals in writing this.

1. Schedule: This is labelled as a 'companion' blog, as it accompanies my articles for Rules Manufactorum. Writing for that on a regular basis (I'm trying to get to a 'three a month' structure in addition to Atrotos' stuff) is the first priority.

2. Outlook: I play 95% of all my games at a casual level. The exception to this rule is tournaments and less than 800 point games, which I find is more fun the more units you can actually fit in at that point and how good they are.

I have little patience for people who talk about '40k' and mean 'competitive 40k.' However, I respect that 40k is all encompassing and therefore am not against competitive gaming. If anything, there is really only one thing I don't like about it.

In battle, I use whatever the feth I want to units-wise because this appeals to me. Identical infantry units are few and far between, although I am more lenient with vehicles. If I want two units that do the same role, I use different units both equipped to do the same thing, as long as it means I don't scrimp on unit quality.

Tactics-wise, I play to the best of my ability and will readily accept good advice.

3. Content: Posts should generally go into one of these categories...

Reviews of units and armies that don't involve their mechanics and focus more on how and whether I'd use them.

My existing armies and how I put them together.

A small bit of painting and that, but as I'm not as good at that this will probably mark my improvements, model concepts, etc.

The odd battle report. If it's a home game, I'll include pictures as I do quite like my gaming table (and the room it's got now).

I shall not gripe, moan and complain in a hyperbolic and profane method. I'll leave that to the experts.

Last. Philosophy: If you can't paint, that's fine. if your rules knowledge needs tweaking, that's fine. If your conversions suck, that's fine. If your army sucks... well, guess. After all, it can only get better, right?

40k is a game of tactical chance which can and should be shaped to the opinion of the player.

Comments