Rules by Paul
Imperial Guard Tank Commander – 90 pts. + Vehicle
An Imperial Guard Tank Commander is an HQ choice for an Imperial Guard Army
|Type||Front Armor||Side Armor||Rear Armor||Ballistic Skill|
Must choose a vehicle from the following list:
Leman Russ Battletank – 150 pts.
Leman Russ Exterminator – 150 pts.
Leman Russ Eradicator – 140 pts.
Leman Russ Vanquisher – 155 pts.
Lumbering Behemoth (see Codex: Imperial Guard)
Armored Senior Officer:
- This model may give any of the following orders to any Tanks in his army, but may only give three orders per turn. Assume all tank commanders are Ld. 8 for the purposes of orders. With the exception of Tanks to the Front! all orders are given in the Shooting Phase. Orders may be given at a range of up to 24". If the Tank Commander is within 12" the leadership test made for any order may be re-rolled.
- Execute Ferrus Tempestuous! – Tanks and squadrons which received this order count their weapons as twin-linked when shooting at an enemy model with an Armor Value this shooting phase.
- Volley Fire – Any failed rolls to wound against Monstrous Creatures by a tank or squadron given this order may be re-rolled, or if firing against enemy vehicles, you may re-roll on the damage table - but you must abide by the second roll, even if it is worse.
- Cannonade – Any tank or squadron given this order count their weapons as Pinning for this shooting phase. The target unit suffers a cumulative -1 to it's leadership for each tank in the squadron for the purposes of its Pinning check.
- Hull Down, Incoming! – Tanks and squadrons given this order gain the stealth USR (adding +1 to their cover save if they already have the rule). In the following turn the vehicle counts as having suffered a 'Crew Shaken' result in addition to any other damages.
- Tanks to the Front! – In squadrons given this order, any Leman Russ vehicle moving at cruising speed may roll 3 dice and pick any for their Lumbering Behemoth movement.
- Crush them under-tread! – Any unit tank shocked by a tank or squadron which received this order suffers a cumulative -1 to its leadership for every tank (from the same squadron) which makes contact during the Tank Shock.
For each Tank Commander taken, 1 Leman Russ Tank Squadron may be taken as a Troops choice at normal cost. Note that vehicles may not score, even if they are Troops.
- For each FULL squadron of Leman Russ tanks in one’s army, a single enemy unit of the Tank Commander’s choice suffers -1 to its Leadership to a minimum of 7.
- Heavy Bolter
- Smoke Launchers
- Main gun – see the tank’s unit entry
Any other wargear may be purchased for the Commander’s tank from the tank’s unit entry.
A great solution for those treadheads out there. Getting an opponent to play with the Armored Battlegroup list can be a little difficult. This entry gives the treadhead just as many Leman Russ chassis without resorting to a whole new ruleset.