Revising Chapter Tactics
Rules by Master Bryss
Any Space Marine army may exchange the Combat Tactics rule for one of the Chapter Tactics listed below. Only one Chapter Tactics can apply to the army.
- All units in the army gain the Stubborn special rule
- All units in Power Armour, Scout Armour or Artificer armour gain the Fleet special rule.
- All thunder hammers in the army count as master-crafted.
- All flamers, heavy flamers, meltaguns and multi-meltas count as twin-linked.
- All units may choose to Outflank
- All HQ choices have the Lord of the Armoury rule, as detailed in the army list.
- Chapter Masters and Captains may purchase a Servo-Arm for +25 points.
- Venerable Dreadnought may be taken as an HQ choice as well as Elites.
- All units, excluding Scouts, gain the Feel No Pain USR. For tactical squads Feel No Pain Saves are only successful on a D6 roll of 6.
- Terminator and Assault Terminator Squads may not be taken. Any Sergeant in Power Armor may be replaced with a Terminator or Assault Terminator for + 15 points. Every third Sergeant upgraded in this way may take an Assault Cannon or Cyclone Missile Launcher at the cost given in the Terminator entry.
- May field Predators in squadrons of up to three. Each Predator in the squadron may choose different weapon options.
- Predator Tanks gain the Power of the Machine Spirit special rule.
- All Tactical, Sternguard and Vanguard squads may take a Land Raider as a dedicated Transport.
- For every Drop Pod that comes in from reserve the Fire Lords player may place a Large Blast marker anywhere on the table and roll for scatter. On a 'hit' the template deviates 2 D6 in the direction shown on the bullseye. On a scatter the template deviates 3 D6. All models at least partially under the template take a Strenght 10 AP 1 hit. Vehicles are hit on their side armor.
- Captains and Chapter Masters may purchase a Daemon Weapon (no Mark) as in Codex: Chaos Space Marines for +30 points.
- All vehicles may take Deamonic Possession for + 20 points
- All infantry models in a Relictors army have 6+ Invulnerable save.
- Relictors may not ally with any other faction.
- All Librarians in a Blood Ravens army may take a third Psychic power at no extra cost.
- All Librarians in a Blood Ravens army gain an extra wound
- Tactical squads and Sternguard Veteran squads gain the Infiltrate Special Rule but may not outflank.
Chapter Tactics is being restructured. For every entry seen here a Chapter-Specific character will be designed to accommodate balance and equalize costs. Indrick Boreale is already done thanks to Master Bryss.